I don’t know whether it is just me, but I suck at layout titles!
My titles always tend to be really boring because I can’t think of one, in fact a lot of times I won’t include a title at all! This layout was going to be titled a very uninspired “French Trip”. But I realised how incredibly boring that was and changed it to, the slightly more interesting, “Bonjour!”.
So to the layout…
I started the page with the idea of mixing the perfect shade of paint to match in with the colours in the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection, which came in September’s like for ever kit. Which I did manage to do by mixing violet and red acrylic paint and then adding white gesso to make the whole lot paler. Except my problem was that, when added to the page I just didn’t like the way it looked.
So having started over on a fresh sheet of white, I was much MUCH happier.
Take a look:
I used the A and B sides of the Arrow Avenue paper which is the gorgeous grey woodgrain and the pink with white arrows that you can see above. I used this in both corners of the layout which left a big white space in the centre for me to play and place my photo.
I came back to the gorgeous shade of purple that I’d created and used a dry paintbrush to apply it to the centre, which I think draws the eye in. Then I got to layering my photo. I used scraps of Arrow Avenue (again both the A & B sides), the dark pink paper is the B side of Acorn Avenue while the multi-coloured leaf pattern is 5th Avenue. I also included two small piece of Riverside Lane to bring in that splash of teal.
To embellish the layout I used pieces from the Cedar Lane die cut pack which includes some beautiful acetate pieces (like the wreath pictured above), I also used on of the wooden butterfly buttons that came in the kit and some of the word stickers with gold foiling.
If you would like to see my full process, then please check out the video linked below. Hope to see you again soon!
**Please note: I am a customer of Like For Ever and have not affiliated links to them. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.