Part 2 of Inspiration Station has just rolled in. In the last post I talked about how I hit Pinterest when in need of some ideas and I linked to a couple of my favourite Pinners.
In this part, I’m talking YouTube.
Sometimes just an image isn’t enough to get the mojo flowing. I know I can spend ages staring at an image, trying to figure out how the scrapper got a particular effect or wondering why certain elements went in certain places and for that, I need a process video.
Here are some of my favourite crafty Youtubers:
- Suse Fish – She’s just awesome. I love her style, its clean and simple with a mixed media painterly edge. Her warmth shines through her videos and she is an all round lovely person.
- Claudia van R – Ah Claudia, she’s gotta be my best scrappy friend 🙂 She’s so talented, she layers behind her photos like a boss and her design skills are off the charts! She designs fabulous digital collections and also designs for some companies too!
- Wilna Furstenberg – What can I say? If you’re not familiar with Wilna’s work then please head over to her channel because what she creates is nothing short of art. She has such a freedom in her way of creating, its just beautiful!
- Inkie Quill a.k.a Adele – Well now, Adele is just a little legend ❤ If you’ve heard others refer to ‘Heidi Shine’ – yep! That came from Adele. XD She’s funny, she’s oh-so-creative and she makes me want to try Project Life even though I know it would be a disaster! XD
- Elsie – Elsie is a scrapper in the UK and she’s awesome. Her style is clean and fresh with a penchant for stitching and paper piecing but its just plain fabulous! Her layouts are just so inspiring!
- Irit Landgraf – I love Irit’s videos, she loves to play with mixed media and uses inks and sprays and texture to great effect. She can create a gorgeous soft beauty of a layout as well as a bold statement layout. She’s just so versatile!
- Missy Whidden – Missy is awe-inspiring! She can take texture paste, paint, ink and any other type of medium you can think of and she just creates beauty on a page. I love her style and love the way she incorporates cut files too! (Totally makes me want a Cameo lol)
- Chloe Murray – Chloe is a fellow like for ever subscriber and is just lovely. She mostly Vlogs on her channel with some crafty adventures thrown in and well as plenty of footage of her gorgeous puppy, Archie.
- Kristina Werner – Ok, Kristina isn’t a scrapbooker, she’s an awesome cardmaker and I love watching her videos because she showcases techniques that can also be used in scrapping. Plus she also has mad watercolour skills, which is just mesmerising to watch!
These channels are just a handful that I am subscribed to, there are so many inspirational people out there who are sharing their time and their talents on YouTube with us.
Let me know who you enjoy watching in the comments below 🙂
Until next time,